7.00 based on 3 votes
aka "MOD Community Graphics v1 by ubtri"
These settings have been tweaked by ubtri
https://www.youtube.com/user/ubtri = my youtube
https://www.facebook.com/ubtri = my facebook
UPDATE - Fixed underwater brightness issue.
So, what files did I edit?
* I dived into visualsettings.dat and tinkered with a few things. Notably I increased rain particles and the minimum size for ripple effect as well as increased the range that DoF takes effect, reducing it's medium and lower values. There is no tampering with Clouds, Tonemap or anything else too specific
* I edited all 4 timecycle files. I focused on a few things. Extending farclip, removing fog, disabling noise & chromatic aberration for all scenes & locations in the game
* I removed all fog, noise and chromatic aberration values in most weather files.
This mod requires a little OpenIV knowledge! http://openiv.com
1) Use Edit Mode with the latest version of OpenIV - http://openiv.com
2) In your /update/ folder, Open "update.rpf"
3) Open the "common" folder within, then open the /data/ folder
4) Scroll down and click once on "visualsettings.dat", open a menu over the file and select REPLACE
5) Browse to my download, which you should have (by now) extracted the files to somewhere on your desktop; select my visualsettings.dat file, and replace the one in OpenIV
6) Continue these steps to replace the timecycle and weather files
7) Navigate to OpenIV's File tab, select REBUILD; When finished click "Okay!"
8) Start Game and enjoy!
As I will be making updates, I only ask of you to credit me with a link to this page ( http://gtaforums.com/topic/793567-vrel-improved-visualsettings-fog-chroma-removal/ ), but please feel free to distribute these files or even branch your work off of mine!
This MOD works well with any decent SweetFX/ReShade pack!
Are you the owner of this mod? If someone has stolen your work, you can make a request for removing this mod.