READ THE README FOR ALL INSTRUCTIONS!
video is of older version
V1.2, V1.1 AND V1.0 INCLUDED
Hello this is my first gta 4 Texture mod (or mod in general, I hope you'll like it).
This is to replace the light output of cars with a more modern headlight projector output and cutoff.
I made this since I dont like the unrealistic lights in the game and I could not find a mod like this one anywhere else on the internet, so I made one. :)
WORKS ON ALL GTA 4 VERSIONS
This is still a WIP and can be most noticed in the center of the cutoff line where it shifts upwards, it is still a little pixelized, will be fixed. When one of the headlights is broken the texture goes away and you are left with the old circle-like texture, I am looking around as how to fix this.
This will replace the file lights_occluders.wtd and modify visualSettings.dat values.
1. Make a backup somewhere on your pc of the original files going to be replaced/modified..
2. Download .rar file and place "lights_occluders.wtd" in "Grand Theft Auto IVpctextures" folder
3. Go to "Grand Theft Auto IVcommondata" and open "visualSettings.dat" with notepad.
4. Scroll down to find #config values for vehice settings.
5. Replace with the one provided in readme.
6. Save changes and close.
Start game, enjoy your more realistic headlights, and have fun driving at night, If it is hard to see in a mission/etc. The high beams are still super big and bright.
Note: This is something I have been working on in my spare time because I love lights. So if you have any opinions/criticism tell me, write a comment.
RESULTS MAY VARY DEPENDING ON YOUR GRAPHICS/ENB SETTINGS
READ THE README FOR ALL INSTRUCTIONS! You can modify the values to suit your needs.
Do not share file without giving credit. Thanks