Rockstargames has now publised their announced Patch for GTA IV. You need to start the game and a connection to WindowsLive to install it.
The patch is approx. 32MB and it takes a few minutes to install. The following improvements are known:
- A fix to the crash after legal screen that some German customers were reporting.
- Numerous improvements to the video editor: Smarter naming of videos, improved rendering quality, better fx during replays.
- Fix to bowling while using certain sensitive mice.
- Fix for ATI 1900 shadows.
- Overall savings to memory.
- Graphic improvements to particle systems and mirrors.
- Multiplayer character settings are preserved.
- Support for DirectInput controllers.
Furthermore, Rockstargames announced that they will support GTA with additional improvements for a long time.
If you have some issues with the sound after installing the patch, please reboot and don't run the benchmark before starting a game.
It seems that some of you have problems by downloading the patch via WindowsLive. That is why I've also uploaded it to our filebase. You can download the patch manually by clicking here!