As you might have noticed, GTAinside had a relaunch some hours ago and shines in new splendour now. Although we have permanently added new features and improvements, this is the biggest step for us since 2007. But in our view, it’s now the right time to make the next step.
The basic navigation of the website has not been changed significantly, but this relaunch brings you not only a new design but also many extended features or even brand-new ones. We would like to introduce you the most important features briefly:
- The structure and navigation of GTAinside have been simplified und optimized.
- Take a look at the game selection menu in the page header for a strict separation of the content of the different parts of the GTA series.
- Each signed in user has a personal list of favorites now, in which every preferred mod can be added.
- Choose an individual avatar which is shown besides your comments on GTAinside.
- We introduced a rank system: According to your activity on GTAinside, your rank will also climb up.
- Uploading modifications got much easier and less prone to failure: Each input will now be checked before the beginning of the uploading process.
- From now on, user ratings are used solely as the criterion for “Featured Mods”: If a modification's rating outperforms other mods within a given period of time, it becomes automatically "featured".
- When you are signed in, you will be personally able to manage your mods and keep them up-to-date. This feature is only available for mods which were uploaded after November 7th, 2012.
- In order to guarantee you maximum performance, we’ve moved to new high performance servers: GTAinside is now delivered by three high-end servers with a total of 36 physical processor cores and 96GB of RAM. That means that we are able to deliver all content without any delay and at maximum speed.
These are just some of the improvements of course, but mentioning all of those would go far beyond the scope of this news. The best thing is you take a look yourself and we hope that our newest changes can satisfy you. I am also grateful for feedback and criticism about the new design and features. Just leave us a message at the commentary right below this news or write us at Facebook.
There’s nothing left to say than: Have fun and thanks go mainly to all modders, who are providing us dozens of new modifications every day. Thank you so much!